- 04/09/2019: Yahoo strikes $117.5 million data breach settlement after earlier accord rejected
The proposed class-action settlement made public on Tuesday was designed to address criticisms of U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose, California. Koh said the original settlement was not "fundamentally fair, adequate and reasonable" because it had no overall dollar value and did not say how much victims might expect to recover. Yahoo, now part of New York-based Verizon Communications Inc, had been accused of being slow to disclose three data breaches affecting about 3 billion accounts from 2013 to 2016.
- 01/29/2019: U.S. judge rejects Yahoo data breach settlement
In a Monday night decision, U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose, California, said she could not declare the settlement "fundamentally fair, adequate and reasonable" because it did not say how much victims could expect to recover. Yahoo, now part of New York-based Verizon Communications Inc, was accused of being too slow to disclose three breaches from 2013 to 2016 that affected an estimated 3 billion accounts.
- 09/20/2018: Micron Poised to Report Great Results, but the Outlook Matters More
- 09/20/2018: GE says four HA turbines in U.S. shut down due to blade problem
General Electric Co said on Thursday that four of its flagship power turbines in the United States have been shut down due to a problem with turbine blades that was discovered at an electrical power plant ...
- 09/20/2018: Friday Is Going to Be a Huge Day for Stock Traders
Two major market events that have the potential to send U.S. equity volumes sky-high will collide Friday. The first is the quarterly event known as “quadruple witching” -- when futures and options on indexes and individual stocks expire. The anticipated spike in turbulence will hit a market already roiled by rising trade tensions between the U.S. and China.
- 09/20/2018: Under Armour to cut 400 more jobs in turnaround push, shares rise
"Competition still remains an issue," said Neil Saunders, managing director of GlobalData Retail. Initial signs from channel checks and online sales are that Nike is also set to get a boost from a controversial ad campaign, launched earlier this month, featuring former NFL player Colin Kaepernick.
- 09/20/2018: New U.S. LNG projects, enough to double exports, on verge of launch
New U.S. liquefied natural gas terminals with enough capacity to double U.S. exports have either begun commissioning their facilities or are waiting for approval from the energy regulator, a review of their documents showed this week. Although long planned, the actual commissioning of plants has been a moving target in the past. It also opens the taps for large volumes to hit the spot market before long-term commercial contracts are formerly triggered.
- 09/20/2018: The Canadian cannabis producer that was in talks with Coca-Cola to make a CBD-infused drink is reportedly targeting a US IPO in October
Aurora Cannabis is planning for a US initial public offering in October, the company's chief corporate officer said. The Canadian cannabis producer was reportedly in talks with Coca-Cola to make a CBD-infused drink. Marijuana stocks have been red-hot as of late.
- 09/20/2018: Why Is Nvidia (NVDA) Stock Down Today?
Shares of Nvidia (NVDA) were down more than 2% shortly after the open Thursday as investors reacted to a fresh research note from Morgan Stanley that raised questions about performance in the company's gaming division.
- 09/20/2018: Amazon just accidentally leaked details about 2 new Alexa devices ahead of an event today
Listings for an Amazon Echo Sub subwoofer and an Amazon Smart Plug were leaked ahead of a company event on Thursday. The subwoofer is designed to work with Amazon's Echo speakers, which would also get stereo sound functionality, according to the leaked listings on Amazon UK first spotted by the website Pocket-lint. The Amazon Smart Plug would give basic Alexa functionality to devices plugged into it.
- 09/20/2018: A $10 billion marijuana producer just spun off its venture arm in the hopes it will become the 'Google Ventures of cannabis' (RIV)
Canopy Rivers, the venture-capital arm of Canopy Growth, made its debut on the Toronto Stock Exchange Thursday morning at $18.44 per share. The company, which makes minority investments in burgeoning marijuana companies, in an attempt to become the "Google Ventures of cannabis," found its way onto the exchange via a reverse takeover with a company formerly known as AIM2 Ventures.
- 09/20/2018: Will Amazon's New Sub Sink Sonos?
- 09/20/2018: How Pepsi-Co, Tesla and Michael Jordan are helping the Carolinas
Anheuser-Busch and other beverage makers donated cans of drinking water to victims of Hurricane Florence. Early estimates show that Hurricane Florence has left a $22 billion path of devastation in its wake, with $2.5 billion in insured losses so far. Hundreds of thousands of people are still without power in North Carolina, and flooding remains at dangerous levels.
- 09/20/2018: SQM vs. Albemarle vs. FMC Corp.: Which Had the Best Lithium Results in Q2?
- 09/20/2018: Is The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) Worth US$45.96 Based On Intrinsic Value?
- 09/20/2018: It feels like Apple is being cheap by not including an important accessory with the $1,000 iPhone XS
Apple's new $1,000 iPhone XS doesn't come with a fast-charging brick. You'd need to spend $70 on the relevant accessories to fast-charge the $1,000 iPhone XS. With a starting price of $1,000, the iPhone XS should come with a fast-charging brick.
- 09/20/2018: A former exec at Google and Facebook doesn't just expect job candidates to negotiate their offer — she hopes they will
Libby Leffler, a former Facebook executive and Google employee, is now the vice president of membership at SoFi. Leffler said she always expects job candidates to negotiate their job offer because it shows how they'll behave once they get hired. Negotiating a job offer is a notoriously harrowing process, especially if you've never done it before and assume the world will explode if you request a dollar more.
- 09/20/2018: Nokia Launches Innovative Services to Boost Profitability
- 09/20/2018: Facebook finally reveals how its dating service will work
- 09/20/2018: 3 Things Investors Need to Know About Honeywell’s Spinoff
- 09/20/2018: Better Buy: Align Technology, Inc. vs. Danaher Corporation
- 09/20/2018: Why the Bears Are Wrong About iQiyi Stock
- 09/20/2018: Trump Is Winning His Trade War With China. Here's Why That Might Not Last
- 09/20/2018: The Things I Wasn’t Prepared for When I Purchased My Home
- 09/20/2018: Women supporting Kavanaugh find themselves in storm's center
It started as a series of phone calls among old high-school friends and ended up embroiling 65 women in the firestorm over a sexual assault allegation that could shape the Supreme Court. In a matter of hours, they all signed onto a letter rallying behind high court nominee and their high school friend Brett Kavanaugh as someone who "has always treated women with decency and respect." And they signed up, whether they anticipated it or not, for becoming a focus of scrutiny themselves. The powerful strength-in-numbers statement, offered to bolster Kavanaugh's denial of a claim that he attacked a girl at a party during their high school years, has drawn questions from journalists, social media skeptics, even Hollywood figures.
- 09/20/2018: The Apple Watch Series 4 Reviewed
- 09/20/2018: Weed Stock Tilray Gains 94% Then Loses It All in Minutes
Sep.19 -- For U.S. marijuana company Tilray, it was double - then nothing. The stock rocketed 94% on CEO Brendan Kennedy's comments, only to see all that gain go up in smoke less than an hour later. Ramy Inocencio explains the highs, lows and last-minute 40% rebound on "Bloomberg Daybreak: Asia."
- 09/19/2018: AP Explains: Mueller's legal actions not overlooked by Trump
Robert Mueller has been busy. In just the last two weeks, the special counsel has secured the cooperation of President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, dispensed with the case of the campaign aide who triggered the Russia probe and signaled he's squeezed all the information he needs out of former national security adviser Michael Flynn. The president has continued to wage a public-relations war on Mueller, casting his investigation into Russian election interference and possible coordination with Trump associates as a politically motivated witch hunt.
- 09/19/2018: Spending Bills Leave Conservatives Frustrated
Lawmakers have been passing spending bills with unusual speed and little fanfare lately, most recently the $854 billion package covering the Departments of Defense, Health and Human Services, Labor and Education that sailed through the Senate Tuesday. The ease with which these huge spending bills are passing isn’t sitting well with some conservatives in Congress, according to The Hill. “It’s a little bit frustrating right now,” said Rep. Mark Walker, the chairman of the conservative Republican Study Committee.
- 09/19/2018: We’re Sexual Misconduct Law Experts. The Senate’s Brett Kavanaugh Investigation Is a Hot Mess
- 09/19/2018: Why Warren Buffett Keeps Buying Apple and Bank Stocks
- 09/19/2018: Surface Oncology Offers 'Robust Pipeline,' Baird Says In Bullish Initiation
In the next few years, Ulz said he anticipates "meaningful upside" stemming from early clinical data on antibodies that inhibit CD47, such as SRF231. The drug has broad utility and a differentiated safety profile, Ulz said. A Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) partnership should target the adenosine pathway, leading to immunosuppression, Ulz said.
- 09/19/2018: Steel workers gear up for strike, potentially derailing Trump's steel resurgence
- 09/19/2018: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Surpasses ‘Titanic’ on List of Highest-Grossing US Films Ever
"Avengers: Infinity War" has dethroned "Titanic" as the fourth-highest grossing movie in U.S. box office history. But despite the film's massive performance, "Titanic" still ranks as the No. 2 top-grossing movie of all time in the worldwide box office.
- 09/19/2018: VSMPO-Avisma and Boeing launch new titanium JV in Russia
Russia's VSMPO-Avisma , the world's largest titanium producer, and U.S. planemaker Boeing have launched a new manufacturing unit in Russia's Urals region of Sverdlovsk, a local governor said on social ...
- 09/19/2018: Neil deGrasse Tyson: Elon Musk is the 'best thing we've had since Thomas Edison'
- 09/19/2018: Microsoft Increases Its Dividend -- What You Need to Know
- 09/19/2018: 2 Women Drown While Chained in Flooded Police Van During Hurricane Florence
- 09/19/2018: It looks like Nintendo could release a miniature Nintendo 64 console to compete with the new Sony PlayStation Classic (NTDOY)
Nintendo's got a hot console in the Nintendo Switch, which launched last year. It is, for all intents and purposes, Nintendo's main product. Hilariously, this would be a perfect throwback to the original showdown between the PlayStation 1 and Nintendo 64 back in the mid-'90s.
- 09/19/2018: I Bought an Olive Garden Unlimited Pasta Pass and It’s Going to Save Me $10,000. Here’s My Master Plan
- 09/19/2018: The Pot Rally Just Minted Three New Billionaires
- 09/19/2018: Trump: As long as Manafort tells the truth, it's 100 perc...
President Trump speaks on Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, North and South Korea's amends ahead of his departure to North Carolina to see the damage from Hurricane Florence.
- 09/19/2018: Morgan Stanley: DEA Likely To Reclassify GW Pharma's Cannabinoid Therapy For US Launch
Morgan Stanley expects the DEA to drop Epidiolex from Schedule I — the same level as cocaine, heroin and other illegal substances — to Schedule IV, where Xanax, Ambien and Tramadol rank. At worst, it would fall to Schedule III alongside moderately to lowly addictive drugs like codeine and anabolic steroids, Lebowitz said.
- 09/19/2018: Parts Supplier to Challenge VW, Ford With $14 Billion Push Into Self-Driving Cars
Volkswagen AG and Ford Motor Co. are set for more competition in the race to role out self-driving vehicles as parts supplier ZF Friedrichshafen AG develops its own offering in the latest sign of how technology shifts are upending traditional roles in the auto industry. ZF plans to invest 12 billion euros ($14 billion) over the next five years on electric and autonomous vehicle technology. The spending of about 2.4 billion euros annually outpaces the 2.2 billion euros ZF spent in overall research and development last year.
- 09/19/2018: Can CenturyLink's Dividend Even Survive?
- 09/18/2018: Brazil diesel subsidy program threatens Petrobras, market -FCStone
Brazil could face a diesel shortage at the end of 2018 as a result of the government's mispriced subsidy program which has discouraged suppliers, and the state-controlled oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA may be forced to sell diesel at a loss, broker INTL FCStone said on Tuesday. Brazil's oil industry regulator ANP said it approved the payment of 871.5 million reais to Petrobras on Tuesday to compensate for the diesel subsidy.
- 09/18/2018: Nike’s Stock Surges Along With Support for Kaepernick Ad
The youth is standing behind Nike and its decision to place Colin Kaepernick as the face of their "Just Do It" campaign. And that support is translating to dollars. Not only has the company's sales increased, but also, its stock has closed at an all-time high.
- 09/18/2018: The Air Force Wants More Planes – and a Lot More Money
The Air Force is 71 years old today, and its birthday wish list is a doozy. Saying that growing threats from China and Russia call for a substantial increase in U.S. air power, Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said Monday that she would like to see 74 more squadrons deployed by 2030. The current force structure of 312 squadrons is too small to meet even the current mission focused on counterterrorism in the Middle East, Wilson said at the Air Force Association’s Air, Space, Cyber Conference outside Washington.
- 09/18/2018: Poll Shows Cruz Ahead After Weeks of Beto Worry
Republican Senator Ted Cruz got some good news today after a week of headlines showcasing his unexpectedly stiff competition in the Texas Senate race. If that wasn’t good enough for Cruz, 93 percent of likely Texas voters say they’ve already made up their mind on who to support. O’Rourke garnered increased attention after some earlier polls in the heavily Republican state showed him narrowing Cruz’s lead to just a few points, spurring Republicans to warn against complacency and President Donald Trump to plan what he promised would be a massive campaign rally in the state in October.
- 09/18/2018: Polish president: No one questions that Trump knows how t...